About Me

My photo
Hi everyone!! This is Charulatha Mani. I have taken up blogging to interact with my rasikas worldwide. I would like to thank all of you for your support and appreciation for my Isai Payanam show on Jaya TV, "Isai Cafe" on Raj TV and live concerts. I am here to blog on my concerts, latest film songs, and updates on Isai Payanam and Sahitya Payanam. Happy reading :-)

Friday, March 2, 2012

A Raga's Journey - Arresting Abhogi



A Brief Guide to Raga Abhogi:

Isai Payanam Live Concert  - Raga Abhogi in Classical and Film Music:

Sri Lakshmi Varaham - Muthusvami Dikshitar kriti in Raga Abhogi:

Audio Clips:


Previously covered Ragas:

2 comments:

  1. Just finished downloading ALL your RAAGAM commentaries, Very very good, will write when Im more LUCID[ its 2 am , KL time]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charulatha.. I see a lot of similarities between vasantha and mayamalavagaulai and think vasantha is a janyam of this main melakartha. .. Why do you say is it a janyam of suryakantham ? Can you please help understand the difference?
    Thanks you .. I love your videos..
    Jaisree

    ReplyDelete